It's time for a leg workout! When training at home, it can be hard to know exactly what to do with your leg workout. It is especially hard for all the backpackers and hikers out there who probably don’t have a background in strength and conditioning, but still need to maintain strong legs. To help everyone out, I will be creating some super-simple workouts for training at home. The workouts will need minimal to no equipment.
The process is simple:
- Organize your training space.
- Set a timer for 30-second intervals.
- Perform exercises 1-5 in order for 30-seconds each.
- When the timer goes off, switch to the next exercise.
- Once you complete one round, start at the beginning again. Take a break if you need it.
- Once you complete two-cycles, your 5-minute workout is done!
This leg workout will give you a good understanding on how to workout your legs (quads, hamstrings, and glutes) when you are training at home.
Exercise 1: Glute Bridge
Exercise 2: Alternating Lunges
Exercise 3: Band or Bodyweight Squats
Exercise 4: Step Ups
Exercise 5: Squat Pulses
Give it a go and let me know how it went!
Coach Josh Wood is a personal trainer and backpacking coach who lives in Hobart, Tasmania. Working as a Wilderness Guide in Tasmania, he noticed the amount of injuries received by guides and hikers that were completely preventable! Using his years of practical experience and knowledge he focuses on helping people have injury-free adventures that give them stories to last a lifetime.