When training at home, it can be hard to know exactly what to do with your workout. It is especially hard for all the backpackers and hikers out there who probably don’t have a background in strength and conditioning. To help everyone out, I will be creating some super-simple workouts for training at home. The workouts will need minimal to no equipment.
The process is simple:
- Organize your training space.
- Set a timer for 30-second intervals.
- Perform exercises 1-5 in order for 30-seconds each.
- When the timer goes off, switch to the next exercise.
- Once you complete one round, start at the beginning again. Take a break if you need it.
- Once you complete two-cycles, your 5-minute workout is done!
This first workout will give you a good understanding on how to work on your abs and core when you are training at home.
Exercise 1: Plank
Exercise 2: Bird Dog
Exercise 3: Hollow Hold
Exercise 4: Dead Bug
Exercise 5: Windscreen Wipers
Have fun and let me know how you go!
Coach Josh Wood is a personal trainer and backpacking coach who lives in Hobart, Tasmania. Working as a Wilderness Guide in Tasmania, he noticed the amount of injuries received by guides and hikers that were completely preventable! Using his years of practical experience and knowledge he focuses on helping people have injury-free adventures that give them stories to last a lifetime.